Friday, October 13, 2006

There Is Superstition

My day was pretty good, until I remembered I forgot to post yesterday and didn't have anything to say today. Darn Friday 13th.

So I guess I will ponder some obscure superstitions. I know in the Black community it is unlucky to sweep around someone's feet. Trust me, if you do have the misfortune to sweep around some old ladies, your whole week will be unlucky after they knock you upside the head.

Another superstition we have is the fear of women with white livers. That's what they say about a woman if a few men linked (husband, boyfriends, lovers) to her die. It doesn't matter that the man is like 90 or so at the time of death. If the men keep dying, she must have a white liver. No one has ever confirmed that white liver but speculation sure makes reading the obituary fun.

So come on, share some of your silly or obscure superstitions. It's not like you have anything better to do other than watch the Friday the 13th marathon.

No comments: