Sunday, November 19, 2006

How Bout Them Cocks?

I love cocks.

I'm not ashamed to admit it. I adore cocks, even when they don't perform that well. Of course I come from the land of cocks, Gamecocks that is. Here, it's nothing to hear hour long conversations about cocks or see children running around in burgundy "Cock" sweatshirts. I often forget that "cock" isn't a word generally accepted in public. A few weeks ago, I was playing an online game where someone asked why was the word "cock" blocked (no pun intended). The first thing I thought was "Must be a Clemson fan".

Being no stranger to cocks or cockfests, it really irritates me to see the amount of abuse "cocks" take in erotic romance. Every other page has them. Hard cocks, weeping cocks, red cocks, black cocks, and I even read a book that had blue cocks. It's ridiculous. Can't these people think of other words to use? It almost makes me long for the sheathed swords again.

The last erotic romance I read used the word so many times it brought to mind that episode of Spongebob Squarepants. You know the one where Spongebob and Patrick use those Sentence Enhancers.


Sentence Enhancers


Is the heat rating based on the amount of times "cock" is used? Come to think of it, who the heck thought cock was a sexy word for penis anyway? I see the word and all I think of is chickens. Usually 6 foot tall burgundy chickens. There's nothing erotic about farm animals engaging in sexual acts (well maybe to some, but I'm not talking about fetishes today).

Can't some other words be introduced to erotic romance? Something a little more sensual, exciting, less earthy? (Don't look at me, I don't write romance)

I mean when you really think about it, there's nothing sexy about a cock and pussy
together (well maybe just a little).

G O C O C K S !






No comments: