Wednesday, March 21, 2007

The Cast Party Sucks

Ever picked up a book, went "Oh, this sounds wonderful!" and start reading and say "WHOA, hold the phone... who is this?"

I know I have.
Vicki Blake posted an interesting one about this over at Romancing The Blog today. I can totally feel her pain.

Getting a book, thinking it sounded wonderful, then reading it and thinking "I just don't like this character. I just don't like her," can totally ruin a good book for me.

What is my biggest pet peeve?

Even the characters with the worst self opinion need to come out of their hatred of themselves to revel in the fact that they're actually in love/lust/trust with the hero.

I hate reading books where the heroine is so down on herself/so untrusting that she wont' give the hero that one significant piece of the puzzle that'll make the story fall into place.

I don't do Too Stupid/Stubborn To Live heroines. They just don't do it for me.

What kind of characters don't work for you?

No comments: